Ceardean Architects offer Grade 3 Conservation services where required for refurbishment works to relevant protected structures.
ARCHITECT/PRACTICE ACCREDITED IN CONSERVATION AT GRADE 3: SERVICES
An Architect/Practice accredited in conservation at Grade 3 is qualified to provide, in relation to works appropriate to their Grade, the full range of services as described in the RIAI Client/Architect Agreement and, in addition –
To advise on (amongst others);
- the philosophy and principles of conservation;
- The legal background to conservation;
- The implications of the purchase of a protected structure;
- The need for historic research and analysis;
- Appropriate general repairs to historic fabric;
- Applying for grants and funding for conservation works
- Examine a historic building or site, and identify its emotional, cultural and use significance;
- Diagnose, in broad outline, causes of decay and recommend appropriate specialist investigation;
- Define the need for specialist studies of materials and systems, the services of art and architectural historians, archaeologists, conservators
- and other specialist consultants; and specialist contractors, technicians, craftsmen and tradesmen;
- Design appropriate alterations and extensions;
Here is a gallery of some conservation projects we have completed in the past few years.
If you have any questions regarding this interesting process don't hesitate to get in touch, our conservation specialist Michael would be delighted to talk you through what is involved.
Call Sarah in our office at 01 5324183
or email; email@example.com
For further information relating to protected structures and associated architectural services necessary:
Grade III Conservation Services: